We realise that you only file your tax once a year so it’s easy to forget your password. So if you’ve forgotten your eFiling password, here's some help.
It’s simple you can either do it online or over the phone, take your pick.??
Online through the eFiling website
Go to the SARS website and click on the Login button. From there, click on the 'For a Reminder of your username' or if you have forgotten your password, click here
Calling the Contact Centre
An automated self-service option is available on 0800 00 7277 to reset your password and receive it via sms or email.
Follow these easy steps to have your password reset:
1) Call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 7277.
2) Listen to the available options, and select “If you have forgotten your personal eFiling password”.
3) When asked, enter the following details:
- Tax reference number followed by the hash (#) key.
- South African ID number or company registration number followed by the hash (#) key.
If your contact details have changed you will be transferred to the contact centre agent to help you reset your password.?
Top Tip: before you call us have your identity number and tax number?at hand.
To access this page in different languages click on the links below:?