The South African Customs Administration plays an integral role in the facilitation of movement of goods and people entering or exiting the borders of South Africa. Our vision is to offer a world-class Customs service which contributes to the stability, health and prosperity of the country, region and world.
The Customs mandate and priorities are to:
- Provide border control management, community protection and Industry protection
- Administer trade policy measures and industry schemes; and
- Collect revenue
People in Customs
The approximately 2500 staff members in Customs are involved in either trade facilitation activities e.g. documentary and physical inspection of cargo; registration and licensing; processing and auditing; or border control and enforcement functions which incorporates members of the Detector Dog Unit.
Staff members strive to:
- Execute their responsibilities with honour, pride and integrity;
- Be transparent, fair and accountable in all their dealings; and
- Work in partnership with stakeholders who share their vision to actively combat trade malpractices.
To access this page in different languages click on the links below: